Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The risk factor


\

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

The truth is, I have no idea, but getting involved with this life-threatening disease, teach me to do a research.

The risk factors for lung cancer include—

  • Smoking and being around others' smoke.
  • Things around us at home or work, such as radon gas.
  • Personal traits, such as having a family history of lung cancer.

SOCIAL HISTORY:

Well, I will be lying if I will tell you that I did not taste cigarette. Yes I do, during my teenage life, maybe because of curiosity. I’ll do it outside our home, or when I use the toilet; I got no license to smoke from my parents. In my time, you can only seek a permission to smoke or drink wine, if you have already a job and earn money. I remember one time I was caught by my sister, she said “why is it that whenever you get out of the toilet, there’s a smoke following you.” jokingly I replied,“ maybe there is someone cooking inside the toilet”. That’s really end my smoking. I even don’t like the taste of cigarette anyway, and perhaps it was on God’s planned that I am already baptized then when I got my first job. Praise God! He saves me from those vices.

Is that my risk factor? I doubt it.

MY FAMILY HISTORY:

I’ll take a glance on my family history. Yes indeed, there is, my uncle on my mother side. He was also afflicted with lung cancer and succumbed to death on November 2007, months after his operation to the same hospital where I was going through. “The Lung Center of the Philippines.”

Is that my risk factor? I suppose.

MY HISTORY AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATION:

I am a 49-year-old male came to this clinic complaining of coughing, chest pain, and shortness of breath. The symptoms that can traced even in my childhood. Having diagnosed and treated with tuberculosis twice. One when I was 12-years-old and another when I was 23- years -old. Since then, my x-rays always reveal calcification if not a primary complex. Yes, I have weak lungs.

If this my risk factor… please tell me.

WORK HISTORY:

Working my way to the disease? I am a government employee, and a meat inspector by a profession. My place of work is the slaughterhouse and in public meat market where I inspect slaughter animal to ensure their wholesomeness, and fitness of meat for human consumption. By doing this, I’m exposing myself in the danger of getting Zoonotic diseases and infections brought about by the diseased animals. Not excluding the environment and bad sanitation of the market.

This is also my risk factor. Isn’t it?

Did you know the real risk factor is? Yes it is “Jesus Christ” our Savior and Lord, accept Him and we shall not perish.

Nevertheless, I laid my hand to God Who fills me with all the joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Romans 15:13. Believe me…it cures.

No comments:

Post a Comment