Monday, March 29, 2010

My Doctor.......My Healer

Matthew 10:28 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. You receive without paying, give without pay.

After my operation and was biopsied, I was referred by my surgeon to an Oncologist. A physician specializing cancer diseases like my case. She was Dr. Francisco, and instructed me to undergo ultrasound first before our scheduled consultation just to make sure that my cancer cells does not yet metastases or spread thru other organs like liver, spleen and pancreas. Also to determine what kind or mode of treatment she will be given to me.
I still remember our first encounter. I was very nervous and anxious then. Always envision what will be the next step or what to expect. I’ll give credence by the presence of my brother and sisters, and of course my wife, there are always there to support me. They never leave me with this difficult time.
She discussed to me all the facts about my disease and the kind of therapy or regimen that she will introduce to me. It’s a 6-cycle chemotherapy and a radiotherapy should be given when there is mass left after the 6-cycle. Worst of all, I’ll will need around 50 to 80 thousand pesos for every chemotherapy cycle. I become desperate when I heard this. How will I get this amount of money, I’m only a government employee, and my salary does not even enough to sustain our family needs. So I cry again and beginning to lose hope. I practically told to myself, “did I need to write my last will of testament now, even when I have no properties to distribute”? I feel very helpless. All I do is to utter some prayer, to seek His guidance and understanding. To my amaze He answers my prayer immediately, and touched the heart of Dr Francisco. She gave me other option. Praise the Lord!.
She transfers my case to Dr Guia Ladrera also an oncologist. She was the head of a clinical study program called. “The FastAct ll.” A program of Lung Center of the Philippines and was sponsor by Roche Philippines. The aim is to test their cancer drug that will be introduced in pharmaceuticals and to help the less fortunate cancer patient. It is totally free of charged provided that you will be pass the interview and physical check up. I was easily entered the program. Praise the Lord.
I describe Dr Guia Ladrera for her being nice and very intelligent. She answers all my queries with no hesitation, not like other doctors I encounter. She attends the needs of her patient with care and full of understanding. I remember her during one of my chemotherapy session; she need to rest for a while because of fatigue, by skipping her launch that day. I’m very proud of her and hated the American actress who belittled our doctors in their sitcom the “Desperate Housewives.” There are as good as they are.
There is also one doctor I’ve known. He is the greatest of them all. He is the Healer and the Redeemer. He was the creator of all things. Not even their knowledge can surpassed His power, His compassion, and His love for one of us. I believe…He will cure me
To read more about Christian way of life, click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment