Saturday, March 27, 2010

Accepting The Truth

John 8:32 “And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

We always hear this in an interview especially when there is a calamity or a tragedy. The victim is always asked by the same question, “How would you accept the truth?”
When the result of my C.T. scan was released and handled to me, and I read the finding of the radiologist, I did not expect the attitude I presented that day. I am terribly shocked! I’m not expecting this would be happen to me. I’m concluded that I was only human. Imagine a 6.5 cm x 5.0 cm malignant tumor clearly stated on my C.T. scan result was very depressing. Yes, I cried, I went to the room with my wife and I cried there also. I talked to my sister on the telephone, and I cried like a child which prompted her to get panic. I cannot imagine myself. I thought I was strong. I thought I am a man of faith. Why is it that suddenly, and without hesitation, I put my faith in vain, and throw it away from the wilderness. Why is it that in this very moment I believe much what the radiologist say rather than God Whom I serve for almost 20 years. Is he much credible than Him?
Oh God! ……please forgive me.

The following day, I found myself lying in an operating room to perform my bronchoscopy and extract some lymph node for my biopsy only to complete my C.T scan result. Thus, confirmed my disease: Bronchoscopic Carcinoma of the Lung.
By then, I am already beginning to accept the truth regarding my disease. I thank the guidance of our local pastor Francis Miciano and our flock leaders who supplement me with the words of God and with prayer to boost my spirit high in accepting the truth.
Do not fear, for I am with you, do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 Believe this….it cures.



No comments:

Post a Comment