Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Power of Prayer

Psalm 4:1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
Honestly, I cannot imagine myself to get back from the pain and agony of my disease. But, I need to share it with you, so you can find the mystery evolved in prayer.
First, let me show you picture of my disease: Bronchogenic Carcinoma of the Lung. Stage 4
My tumor, which is a size of a golf ball, embedded in my right lung, and occupies the intermediate lobe. It compresses my air passages or the bronchioles which tends to constrict and resulted for the collapse of my right lung due lack of oxygen supply. Therefore, the symptoms are disastrous. I experience chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, and coughing without ceasing. But what fears me the most is my coughing. It put me in total distress. I cannot recall how many sleepless night that lambasted my body, tortured my mind, and put my spirit into its weakest because of this cough. It almost buries me 6ft below the ground. Worst during night, when everybody was already sleeping, I was the only one making noise disturbed them like a dog barking at night. I can even lie down my back because when I do that I feel like I’m drowning. In the morning I found myself sitting beside my bed. I am seeking help that time but nothing can put me out of this nightmare even expensive medicine the doctor prescribes. But of course there is….the power of prayer.
The month is August 2009, we are preparing for our Church Anniversary, and also I was about to start my chemotherapy treatment. There is a Doctrinal and Spiritual Empowerment, but unfortunately I was unable to attend due to my condition. I know Bishop Dodoy Ferriol, our church coordinator in Laguna, about his mysterious gift of healing. He was a speaker in one of the service. After his message, he called all sick brethren especially those with cancer to walk in front. My sister, teacher Cecille was there, and asked the bishop if she can be able to replace me for the healing prayer. Bishop Dodoy refuse her, instead he gave her formula of healing prayer. We must both pray simultaneously in 7 nights, and pronounce 7- hallelujah. We do it thru texting because we are far from each other. We start this the same night she talked to bishop Dodoy. She sends me a text and I reply with a song to begin and kneel down to start our prayer, my wife join us.
7-nights. 7- powerful hallelujah. I cannot even pronounce the word, because when I do that, I begin to cough profusely. 7-nights 7-hallelujah I cannot raise my hand. I’m holding a plastic container; I vomit when I cough, and when I try to utter the word. 7 long nights, I fight, and not willing to surrender. 7th nights, and before I knew it, my cough is gone. Praise the Lord!
Since then, my foremost desire in life is to look for bishop Dodoy because I strongly believe that whenever he’ll touch and pray for me the spirit of the Lord will come upon me, touch my spirit, and heal my disease.
The day has come when we celebrates our International Convention in Malagasang Cavite. Delegates of our church around the world gather together for the revival of their spirit. I was on my 3rd cycle of my chemotherapy then and I need to cut my stay there in one day. As soon as Bishop Dodoy finish his massage, I immediately come to him requesting his prayer. I cannot figure what my feeling when he prayed me. When he raised my hands, I almost electrified. I thought there was a hot object or something rushing down my body. When he said “In faith you are healed by the Lord”, I accept it in my whole spirit. And the Lord heals me.
2-weeks after the convention, something happens to my system. I heard a wheezing sound when I breathed especially when I was lying in bed. There is a hemoptysis. I spit blood. I caution my doctor, and told me to have my chest x-ray. Two words I cannot forget come to her mouth. It is “unpredictable and favorable”. What she means is the tumor in my lung was cracking and in the form of crushing. Well, that is true because when I have my C.T. Scan again after my 4th cycle, my tumor regressed in size. I supposed that the unpredictable and favorable words that the doctor cannot explain, God done it! That is by the Power of Prayer. It cures me.
Jeremiah 33:3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

No comments:

Post a Comment